Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 79: Judg 5:15 - 7:25

I've always loved the story of Gideon because it's about an unlikely person taking unlikely measures to completely and utterly achieve an unlikely victory. It seems the human race has always had the tendency to expect God to do things their way. When God called Gideon, he immediately assumed that God had made the wrong decision because no human would have ever picked him to save the nation of Israel. God told Gideon to take really strange and seemingly pointless measures to whittle down the size of his army to one that had not apparent chance of winning against such a military giant. And then God showed Gideon how he was going to defeat the enemy and it just seemed ridiculous. And yet after all of these things, Gideon was able to rescue the children of Israel and defeat the enemy. God doesn't care if you're qualified or if the plan makes sense to you, all He wants is obedience and He'll take care of the rest.

- Father, I know that sometimes I feel like I'm the least likely around to carry out the call that You've placed on my life, but help me to remember that all You require is obedience. If I will just stay faithful and obedient to Your Call, You'll take care of all of the small details like who, what, when, why, where, and how. -

No comments: