Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 83: Judg 16:31 - 19:30

All I can say about this passage is wow. It's somewhat difficult reading through this book of the Bible because it's so factual and doesn't really even touch on the morals of the people in these books. I do know enough though to know that the things that the people of Israel had gotten themselves into up to this point were not good. It's sad to think of the roller coaster that the Israelites had gone through and would continue to go through as time progressed. I suppose if nothing else can be gleaned from these verses of Scripture, we can always go back that recurring theme of redemption. I know for a fact that they days of David and Solomon have not yet come so I know that regardless of how bad things are right now, God will eventually redeem His people and put them back on top where they belong.

- Lord, I don't want to end up in a while like the Children of Israel are at this point in the Bible. Sure there's always the promise of redemption and reconciliation with You, but I would much rather stay with you the entire time. Help me to keep my focus on You so that I don't have to stumble a hundred times before I get it right. -

No comments: