Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 77: Josh 23:8 - Judg 1:36

So it appears that we have come to the end of the book of Joshua and the story of the children of Israel finding their way home has finally come to an end. It's incredible how far this group of beaten up, exhausted wanderers has come. I know for a fact that the next few books of the Bible will tell a story that is less than happy regarding God's people, but for now, I think it's a wonderful time to reflect on the blessings and the wonderful lessons that came about through this journey. God has proven through these last few books His earth shattering power, His incredible love, His relentless resistance to unrighteousness, and His undying mercy for His children. We see in these passages that God is willing to stop the earth's rotation to help His children win a battle as well as open up the earth and allow a person's world to be destroyed as a result of rebellion and unbelief. If there's one thing that I've learned from these passages so far, it's that God is capable of doing anything and regardless how big or how small it is, if it's in God's will and we submit ourselves to His will, He will make it happen.

- Father thank You for the amazing things You've shown me over the last 77 days. I have seen very clearly in these passages that You are both willing and able to completely  turn my world around if I will just hand You the keys. You are all-powerful and all-knowing and I would be crazy to follow anyone other than You. -

No comments: