Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 88: I Sam 9:12 - 12:25

It's difficult to read these passages and even now feel sorry for Saul. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to be chosen to rule an entire nation when he didn't even really want to in the first place, and the just the fact that the people want a king is a slap in the face of God. The best thing I can think of regarding this passage is the saying the good is the worst enemy of best. We can even begin to see now that having a king has turned out to work pretty good for the Israelites, but it will ultimately lead to them being captured and having an even harder life than before. There's no way to tell how things would have been if the Israelites had just continued to let God lead them, but as we've seen in the past, even when they totally turned from God, He was still standing right there and many times delivered them from the enemy right there on the spot. We know that as we go through the Bible, God will eventually put His people back in their land, but it will end up taking alot longer than they would have preferred.

- Lord, help me to never accept the good over what is best for me. There are alot of decisions in this life and I don't ever want to fall into the lie that the easiest choice is the best choice. I want to always listen to You to find out what's best so I can consistently defeat the enemies that I will face. - 

No comments: