Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 92: I Sam 20:19 - 23:28

Now we begin to see the circumstances get considerably harder for David, and yet he continues to stand firm and carry out the mission that God has for him. I know there are alot of people who would just fold up and let Saul come in and get rid of them, but David remained strong. Not that it's ever really "inspirational" when people fall into difficult situations, but it is great to see that God still had favor on David's life even if it wasn't necessarily with the same people. It's so awesome to see that even in the midst of a difficult and horribly low spot in his life, he still had the favor and the blessing to go out, fight against a big Philistine army, and totally destroy them. I believe there's definitely a time when we need to "lay low" and be careful not get run over by our enemies, but it's important to understand that even in those times, we still have a job to do and if we'll make ourselves available, God will make it happen.

- Lord, thank You for the encouragement and reminder that even when life is seems to be going downhill and everything seems to be going wrong, You are still there and I still have Your favor even if it's in a different form. Help me to continue to win the battles regardless of where I am, and give me the strength I need to climb out of this valley so I can lead Your people to the destiny that You've called them to! - 

No comments: