Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 91: I Sam 17:41 - 20:18

And today, the word of the day is favor. If you don't believe that God can grant somebody supernatural favor, just read these verses about David and the favor that God put on his life. This passage has always been such an inspiration because we can see in these passages that God totally and completely promoted David without David ever even asking God to do so. In fact, David had so much favor from God that even King Saul, the man who hated David, couldn't resist loving him and promoting him more than once. I think there are alot of Christian people out there who believe that the only way to get ahead in this life is by making your own way and pushing hard to so you can make it happen for yourself, but we see very clearly that if we will just be faithful to do the right thing in the right place at the right time, God will honor our faithfulness and give us the favor required to reach higher than we ever could have on our own.

- Lord, help me not to rely on myself or my own devices to get me ahead. You are the One who can lift us up higher than any man could and You are the only trustworthy One to put our faith in. Thank You for the favor that You've put on the lives of Your people and help me to always walk in it no matter the circumstance. - 

No comments: