Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 100: 2 Sam 16:1 - 18:33

This entire passage seems to be a little unnecessary in my opinion. What I mean is, I think it's totally necessary to be mentioned in the life of David, but I can't help but feel like it was just a big waste of David's time that never would've happened if he had been more careful about his relationship with Absalom. I know it's a little redundant to make 2 entries about the same basic principle, but at least in this story we see God bringing David out of this mess and restoring him back to where he belonged. It's very refreshing to note that even when things start to fall apart in our lives, whether by our direct disobedience or simply by our carelessness, God is always there willing to clean things up if we'll just let him. But just like in the case of this story, we must be aware of the fact that there may be collateral damage that just can't be reversed. We can only learn from the past, and fortunately we have David's past to learn from so that we don't have to learn from our own experience in this issue. 

- Lord, help me to handle my relationships according to Your Word. And if for some reason something goes south and I've messed up, thank You for being faithful to pick me up off of the floor and set me back on track. You've always been there to rescue me and You always will be. -

No comments: