Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 99: 2 Sam 13:27 - 15:37

In these verses we see what happens when we allow cancerous relationships to remain in our lives without being dealt with. It's difficult to say whether David should have killed Absalom, just continued to ignore him, or allow him to come back with some very very stringent restraints, but nonetheless, their relationship was one that proved to be a very difficult and problematic one for David. Even after David allowed him to return, there were some very obvious signs that Absalom was still up to no good. I can't stress enough how important it is to make sure to check our relationships against the Word. I don't know how many people I've known who stayed in or formed relationships that weren't righteous and they ended up crashing and getting hurt because they weren't careful about how they dealt with other people. Your relationships with those around you is one of the most important aspects of your Christian walk, if those aren't in line, I have a hard time believing that anything else will be.

- Lord, help me to keep my relationships in line at all times. It's very difficult sometimes to keep things in check with my friends, but help me to remember that the most important relationship in my life is the one with You and if there are any others that get in the way, they must be dealt with. -

No comments: