Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 102: 2 Sam 21:22 - 23:38

It's an obvious point to make that David didn't become the man that he was on his own. We saw time and time again where God came through and made a way where things seemed impossible, but I think it's great to note that David had a very close group of comrades that helped take him through it all. There's no doubt that God could've take David as far as he wanted to completely alone, but we can really see the importance of being in true covenant with real men of God. We must never take for granted the relationships and the covenants that God has blessed us with. I can honestly say that I have a few close friends who have always been right beside me keeping me on track and praying for me when I needed it and I'm I know for a fact that I wouldn't be where I am today if God hadn't blessed me with such covenant partners. God is faithful to help us out and bless us, but we must never take for granted that one way He brings us to the next level is in the arms of our truest friends.

- Lord, thank You for blessing me with friends that I know would never leave me in a million years. My relationship with You is the most important one of all, but I know that without those around me building me up and pushing me on, I may not  even have a relationship with You. Help me to continue in those relationships and never take them for granted as long as I live. -

No comments: