Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 76: Josh 21:1 - 23:7

There's a very interesting exchange between the tribes of Reuben, Gad, and Manasseh and the rest of the Children of Israel that I just couldn't ignore. In fact, the disagreement reminded me alot of the body of Christ as far as denominations are concerned. The argument was something that one could really agree with either side, but when it came down to it, neither was right or wrong, it was simply a matter of miscommunication. Now, that's not to say that no denomination is wrong or sinful, but I really do believe that there are members of the body of Christ who have devoted their lives to fighting pointless battles to prove irrelevant opinions when people are dying and going to hell each and every day. Instead of trying to prove that our opinions are the right opinions, let's let God test the hearts of each and every individual and turn our focus towards reaching the lost and doing what God truly intends for us to do.

- Lord help me to stop trying to prove my own opinions or feelings and start doing what You've put me on this earth to do - reach out to the lost and bring them back to You. Help me to put aside petty differences with other believers and work together with them to reach a sick and dying world. You're opinion is the only one that matters and I know that right now, You're opinion is that we haven't yet done all there is to do for Your Kingdom. - 

No comments: