Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 101: 2 Sam 19:1 - 21:21

For this passage, I'd like to focus on the last part where it talks about the famine that went on in the land. I believe that there occasionally comes a point in our lives where perhaps everything that we're doing right now is OK, but for some reason there seems to be a lingering curse that we just can't shake. I believe in those circumstances, we must do just like David did and go back to find the root of the problem. Although David went right back to talk to the Gibeonites, I think it's our responsibility to go back and talk to God to find out what could possibly be holding us back. Whether it's a relationship that was never mended properly or a sinful act that was never given the proper repentance, We can't go forward with our Father until we've gotten rid of all of the baggage weighing us down. And once those things are taken care of, just like we saw with David, God will once again have the freedom to present us blessing after blessing in Him.

- Lord, show me if there's anything from the past that You want me to clean up before I can move onward with You. I don't want to end up in a terrible famine wondering where I went wrong. Help me to throw off all of the baggage holding me back so I can  run freely right into the place where You've called me to. -

No comments: