Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 104: 1 Kings 1:53 - 3:28

You know, the first part of this passage is a good picture of what God does with our hearts whenever we finally decide to give the control back to Him. Alot of times, we see people who used to live for God turn away from  Him and decide to start living for themselves and doing things their own way. But just like Solomon did once he was in power, once God is given back the rule in our lives, there's always a bit of house cleaning required to get us back on the right track. And it's so encouraging to note that once Solomon had gone through the kingdom and taken care of the un-dealt with problems that his father had left behind, God was able to come in and offer to give Solomon the opportunity to be blessed beyond measure. And I believe with all my heart that if we'll be obedient to God and get rid of the things in our lives that are polluting our hearts, He will then be able to bless us and allow us to see the desires that He has given us come to pass.

Lord,  forgive me for trying to make my own way and do my own thing. Please take this life back from me so You can have control. I don't just want You to take the wheel so I can get my precious little blessing, I want You to be in charge so that I can do what You have called me to do so I can bring others closer to You. -

No comments: