Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day 133: 2 Chr 3:17 - 6:42

Early in these passages, we once again read about all of the beautiful utensils and furnishings in the Temple. It reminds me of all of the different jobs and responsibilities in the church. I'm sure the bowls and shovels and tables in the Temple weren't the only gold bowls and shovels and tables in the world, but the fact that they were being used in the service of God made them so much more valuable and gave them so much more meaning. There are lots of responsibilities within the church that are not unlike similar jobs out in the secular world. The only difference is, when you're doing something solely for the purpose of honoring God and bringing glory to His name, there's a certain quality that sets that action so much higher. I would encourage anyone reading this to please consider using the gifts that God has given you for more than just your own benefit. God gave you those gifts, so the least you could do is offer them back up to Him.

- Lord, help me to be a utensil in Your presence. Help me to remember that You are the One who blessed me with these gifts and talents and I have a responsibility to bless You in return. Thank You for giving me the tools I need to further Your kingdom and help me to never forsake that. -

No comments: