Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day 128: 1 Chr 15:29 - 18:16

The first part of this passage recalls the events surrounding the Ark of the Covenant and God's presence coming to the City of David. It's such an encouraging passage because it reminds us of the attitude that God truly deserves when He is present. It's sad to say, but there are some people who would honestly rather not be anywhere near God's presence because they're afraid that somehow, the stench of sin on their lives will get around God and offend Him. The truth is, we as humans are grossly imperfect - and God already knows that. Instead of being worried and self-conscious when entering into the presence of God, we must learn to enter His gates with thanksgiving in our hearts and enter His courts with praise. I would venture to say that God would probably end up being much more offended by us shying away and not entering into His presence than He would be by us running in with arms wide open ready to receive whatever He wants us to receive and give up whatever He wants us to give up.

- Lord, I want to enter into Your presence like David did. I want to have all of the confidence in the world that You will love me and welcome me into Your presence no matter what. I know that You are a just God and even if I have messed everything up leading up to this point, You can give me everything I need to start fresh on the road to carrying out the call that You've placed on my life. -

No comments: