Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 130: 1 Chr 23:1 - 25:30

In these passages we see that towards the end of David's life, he made a few adjustments as far as how the temple was to be taken care of and who was to do what jobs. I think this is an important point to take notice of. It seems like in the church today, there are alot of congregations who very adamantly refuse to allow any adjustments or changes to be made to the way they do things. It's sad to see how so many churches have completely rejected any form of progressive thinking and are stuck in the lifeless religious traditions passed down for generations. The important thing to remember from this passage is that David wasn't afraid to change things up a little bit as long as the focus was on getting things done and making sure that the people of Israel were honoring God the best way possible. My encouragement to you is to keep an open mind towards the things that God wants and allow Him to make all of the necessary changes in your heart. What worked yesterday may not work today, but only God can show you what to change and what to hold onto for a while longer. 

- Lord, help me to be open to any changes that You want me to make in my life. Help me not to be stubborn and selfish and think that just because it worked in the past, it will always work. Help me to remember that the most important thing is not that I get my way, but rather that You are honored in all that I do whether it's something I've always done or something that I'm doing for the first time ever. -

No comments: