Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 125: 1 Chr 7:40 - 9:43

In contrast to my previous post, I can't help but think about the fact that although these people each had their name posted individually in these verses, the focus is not on any one person in these passages, but rather on the kingdom that they had a part in building, and tearing apart. Although there are many who feel that what they're doing for the Lord is small and insignificant, there are also those who think that the Kingdom of God could never survive without them and "their" wonderful gift. The thing we must always remember as however important your job may be, the focus of that  job is to further the Kingdom of God and Who He is and what He intends to accomplish will always be the bigger focus.

- Lord, help me to guard my heart and remember that I will never be more important than the team I am called to support. Help me to always remain humble and thankful for the wonderful blessings that You've given me and the great opportunity to worship You and spread Your love and Your Word to every corner of the earth. -

No comments: