Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 107: 1 Kings 8:46 - 10:29

It's hard to read the story of Solomon and not take the shallow humanistic view of how cool, albeit pointless, of him to have all of that stuff. But we can see in the part about the Queen of Sheba that the blessing was more than just show and it was more than something for Solomon to use just between himself and God, it was a way for him to attract people from far and wide so they could come and be ministered to by the man of God that he was. It would have been so easy with all of that money and power and influence for Solomon to just take all of the credit and have people worship him, but he was strong enough and faithful enough to give God all the credit and stay true to the call that God put on his life by leading and judging and ministering to people according to the wisdom that God put in his heart.

- Lord, I know that one day, I too will be blessed beyond measure and I pray that You give me strength and help me to remember that You're the one who gave it all to me and it's my job not to worship myself or my accomplishments, but to worship You and spread You word to the far corners of the earth. -

No comments: