Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 116: 2 Kinda 10:1 - 13:13

Although the later part of these passages start to veer a little off track, I can't help but appreciate the level of intensity and passion that Jehu showed in cleansing the nation of Israel. I know I've talked about this before, but Jehu seemed really understand the concept of purification and he did a fairly good job of it. Whenever We allow God to come into our lives and take control, it's just like when a new king was crowned in the nation of Israel. There are alot of people who are pretty happy that God showed, but they don't actually want him to do anything. They just want things to work out and go on like they always have. But the truth is that God wants to take over like Jehu did when he became king. And, of course, that doesn't mean that God wants to just go off and start killing off our old friends and acquaintances, but it does mean that if we want to be serious about this, we need to burn bridges and completely destroy ties to anything that may pull us away from God's will.

- Lord thank You for the desire to totally cleanse and purify my life. Help me to not keep those demons alive that would try to distract me or take away from the call that You've placed on my life. Help me to look at You and allow You to destroy what needs to be destroyed and take care of anything and everything in Your way. -

No comments: