Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 123: 1 Chr 4:1 - 6:25

You know, reading all of these chapters full of names makes me think of just how much of an honor it must have been to be mentioned in the Bible. Of course there are names like Moses and David and even Nebuchadnezzar who we all know the stories about and who they were and what they did. But what about the names like Zerahiah, Ahimaaz, or Seraiah? Who in the world even knows exactly who they were or what they did? The point is, most people would have no idea. But there are two things that made their names worthy to be placed in the most sacred book on earth. Number one, God knew who they were and regardless of who they were or what they did, God wanted their names in this book. Number two, alot of these people are not listed in the Bible for what they did, but for what someone else did and how they were connected with that person. I don't know about you, but that sure sounds alot like the Book of Life to me. Now that's definitely a book that my name is in. And it's not in there because I've done anything great or because I'm a mighty and powerful person. My name is in that book not because of what I've done, but because of what Jesus did for me. However much I would have loved for my name to be listed in the Bible, I think I'll be just fine knowing that my name is written down in the only book that I would ever need it to be written in.

- Lord thank You for writing my name in the Book of Life. It's easy to think about how great it would be if I were famous and if my name appeared in all sorts of popular and fancy publications, but just knowing that my name is written down in Your book is all I need to be satisfied. -

No comments: