Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day 138: 2 Chr 23:21 - 26:23

You know, it seems to me that maybe the reason for the decline of the integrity of King Joash was not necessarily because he was such a bad king, but maybe perhaps some of the blame could be put on Jehoiada for ruling for him rather than training him how to rule. This is an issue that comes up alot in the church that can be devastating to a ministry. Whenever there are others working below us in any sort of ministry, although it's usually so much easier to just to the work that needs to be done by them, we need to remember that it's our job to help train and develop those under us so that they will be able to perform God's work and hear God for themselves once we're gone. These passages don't say a whole lot about how Jehoiada dealt with King Joash, but it seems to me that if he would've just taken the time to help develop him and train him in the ways to rule a Godly nation, maybe things would have gone a little smoother when Jehoiada was gone.

- Father, help me to train those under me in the ways that You desire. Help me not to just see them as people to help me get where I need to be, but to see them as people who have a call on their lives to do Your work. Give me the strength and the patience to help them get far above and beyond where I could've ever gotten by myself. -

No comments: