Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day 131: 1 Chr 25:31 - 28:20

In these passages, I once again noticed something interesting that I hadn't seen before. I know that there are alot of people out there who think that The church is supposed to be something made up on the spot and ministers aren't supposed to have plans and a church staff, but that they're just supposed to be "led by the spirit." As important as it is to allow yourself to be led by the spirit of God, we can see in these passages that it is very Biblical to make sure that things are in order and the people are in the correct positions to cary out the things that need to be done in the ministry. As long as we're willing to be flexible and allow God to do what He wants, we should always be mindful of the fact that being organized and adequately staffed in the ministry will help us get to the place God wants us to be faster and easier than we could have ever done it alone. 

- Lord, help me to not be opposed to keeping my ministry organized and working smoothly so that Your will can be done and so that I will be ready to face whatever the world or the devil may try to throw at me. Give me wisdom and power and help me to always hear Your voice so that I can do Your will and not my own. -

No comments: