Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 127: 1 Chr 12:15 - 15:28

You know, whenever I think about the story of David I normally only think about him and all of the wonderful things that he personally did. A benefit of these passages is that we are very plainly reminded of the fact that although David was very necessary in carrying out God's will for Israel, there's no way he could have fulfilled the call on his life without the support of those closest to him. I've always been guilty of making the mistake of thinking that all of the great people in the Bible achieved what they did by their own efforts and the power of God, but we must always remember that God blesses us with Godly relationships not so that we can have someone to hang out with on a Friday night, but so that they can stand and fight with us and help  us to achieve all that God has called us to.

- Father, help me to not take for granted the Godly relationships that You've ordained in my life. Help me to remember that I'm not alone in my efforts to be obedient to You and that whenever I need a shoulder to lean on or someone to stand up and fight with me, the friends that You've given me will be there waiting. -

No comments: