Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 124: 1 Chr 6:26 - 7:39

You know, the more genealogy I read, the more difficult it gets to really find something deep to say about them. But I am reminded of one small point whenever I read these passages. It's easy sometimes to feel like what we do for the Kingdom of God is too small and minute for anyone to even have reason to take note and recognize us, but if there's one thing we can learn from these passages, it's that God not only recognizes what you're doing, but He also knows your name and everything about you. Even though there are some people out there who may not consider what you do as something that is really moving God's kingdom in the right direction, if you're doing what God called you to do, God sees you, He's proud of you, and He knows you by name.

- Father, help me to remember that no matter how insignificant I may feel at the time, as long as I'm being obedient to You, You see me and You recognize me and You are proud of what I am accomplishing. Keep in my mind the realization that it's not important what men think of me, what's important is how You, My Father, think of me. And I want very much to please You in all that I do. -

No comments: