Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day 134: 2 Chr 7:1 - 10:19

I've always enjoyed reading about the reign of King Solomon because it's just a simple, straight-forward example of the blessings available when we are willing to humble ourselves and decide that we will do whatever God tells us to do. I have tried and tried to wrap my brain around the magnitude of Solomon's rule and the amount of blessings that he had gotten, but I just can't even imagine how blessed he was. It's a perfect example of what God wants and is willing to do for each and every one of us if we will just lay down our own desires and plans and decide to follow Him and live our lives to the glory of His name and not to our own glory.

- Lord, I want to have the blessings of Solomon. I don't want to spend the rest of my life trying to advance my own agenda or make everything happen for myself. I want to keep my focus on You and You alone so that not only will I be blessed on the outside, but every aspect of my life will have you blessings all over it. -

No comments: