Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 105: 1 Kings 4:1 - 6:38

You know, this group of Scripture is a perfect example of the fact that God desires for us to prosper and be successful in all that we do. I know there are some who could possibly read this and disagree saying that this is the Old Testament and everything is totally different now, but I disagree. It's obvious that the reason Solomon was such a blessed man was not because he tried and tried to get rich, it was because he had a passion for doing what God called him to do and leading the people that God called him to reach. You know, we normally see Solomon as a king and not much of a minister, but we can see here that the call on Solomon's life was to be a minister to God's people. If we'll be faithful and adjust our hearts to be more like Solomon's, there's no telling what God can do for us and through us.

- Father, help me to keep my priorities straight and keep my focus on You. It's easy to read passages like this and get all excited about all of the stuff I could get from You if I'm a good boy, but I realize that that isn't it at all. Help me to keep my focus serving You and helping people and I know if I will do that, You'll be faithful to take care of all of the rest. -

No comments: