Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 126: 1 Chr 9:44 - 12:14

You know, it seems in the book of Chronicles, there are people listed for informational purposes, and then there are people listed because their actions and behaviors drastically affected the Kingdom of God in one way or another. In these passages we see stories of men like Saul who went so far and did so much and yet ended up failing miserably by being disobedient to God's will. And right after that, we read about the mighty men of valor who walked with David and who David considered to be his best men. I don't know about you, but when the history books come out, given the three options, I would definitely pick the latter. You know, we only have one life to live and I believe its God's will for us to make it count and do all that we can to accomplish His will in our lives.

- Lord, if my name is destined to be in the history books, let it be in the pages of men who accomplished great things for you and not in the pages of men who blew it all on their selfish and immoral desires. Help me to keep my eyes on You so that I too can be considered a mighty man of valor. -

No comments: