Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 119: 2 Kings 18:37 - 21:25

Although the end of this passage isn't too bright and friendly, the first part of it is such a wonderful testimony to the blessings that come when we turn our lives over to God. Until Hezekiah, the nation of Judah was somewhat of a luke-warm nation who didn't neglect God altogether, but also didn't fully honor Him. When Hezekiah came along, he decided to go all-out and put everything he had into honoring God. By choosing God over himself, Hezekiah was able to gain something that many kings prior in Judah and just about every king in Israel was unable to attain - God's protection. When the king of Assyria came and issue threats against Judah, God answered back and not only told the king of Assyria to back down, but God sent His angel to wipe out 185,000 Assyrian soldiers to prove His point. If we will learn to put our trust in God and let Him take care of things, not only will we be safe, but God can actually fight our battles for us if need be. 

- Father, help me to put my faith in You and not depend on myself to get me through. You are the One who can part the Red Sea and destroy hundreds of thousands, and You are willing to stand up for me and support me. Your grace is something that I could never repay and yet it's also something I could never, nor would I ever want to, live without. -

No comments: