Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 108: 1 Kings 11:1 - 13:16

Well, I must say the moral behind this story is pretty obvious. It's such a shame that Solomon, as powerful and wealthy as he was, just couldn't stay faithful forever. But no matter what, we can always go back to the story of the people of Israel telling God that they wanted a kind. God warned them that regardless of who the man was who became king, as long as it was a man ruling the nation, he would always end up messing something up. The most tragic part of all of this is that not only was the majority of the kingdom taken away, but it was taken away from Solomon's son who had yet to personally do anything to deserve it. It's a pretty heavy reminder that if we're not on our toes following everything that God asks of us, not only will we fall flat on our faces, but those that we love and support can end up getting hurt just as bad, if not worse. 

- Father, I want to stay faithful to You. I know I'm a human and humans have the tendency to become selfish and self-centered and not follow You, but I know that You can work through me and help me to become the kind of man who will stay faithful to You and not fall flat on my face. -

No comments: