Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 45: Num 4:1 - 5:31

It's so interesting in this passage to see how God has specifically determined which groups of people will do do specific things regarding His ministry. It seems like there are alot of people out there who don't know exactly where they fit in God's will and in the ministry. They know that they're supposed to do something for God, but they're not really sure what it is. It's sad to say, but I believe there are alot of people out there today who are in the wrong area of ministry simply because they didn't take the time to listen to God and find out exactly what they were supposed to do. I can only imagine how chaotic it would have been if each and every Levite male just went to work doing whatever he thought was best for the temple. There would have been people moving things that didn't need to be moved and people taking apart things that needed to stay together. The point is, if we will just be faithful to listen to God, He'll show us exactly what our place is in the ministry and He'll give us the proper skills and talents to do His will.

- Lord, help me to understand exactly what my place is in the ministry and give me the tools and resources that I need to do Your work. Help me to look past what I feel like doing and understand that You've given me a special talent and purpose in Your ministry and if I will just be faithful and do that thing that You've called me to do, when I get to Heaven I too will be able to hear, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!" -

No comments: