Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 38: Lev 14:36 - 16:34

It's easy to think about people being contaminated with sin, but the main parallel I see in this passage is the fact that you don't only have to be careful who you hang out with, but it's also imperative in our Christian lives to be careful what kind of places we spend our time at. In these passages, God talks about what the children of Israel were supposed to do if they found a house with mold in it. We need to be careful about where we spend our time because, just like mold, sin can be left behind and if we're not careful, we could subject ourselves to demonic presences that we have no business being around. Just like God told the children of Israel to inspect their homes and places where they go, we need to make sure and feel those places out in the spirit to make sure that we're not going to face opposition that we're not prepared for. 

- Lord, help me to be mindful of the places I go. Although You are the Light and I bring you wherever I go, I know that doesn't necessarily give me a license to go wherever I want. Help me to be spiritually discerning so I can know when I'm in an environment that I don't need to be in, and help me to be spiritually prepared to cast out those devils if need be. - 

No comments: