Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day 43: Lev 27:1 - Num 1:54

You know, it looks to me like the book of Numbers may not be one of the more romantic books of the Bible, but it's a very necessary book in helping us understand the Children of Israel. It's easy to think of "Bible Stories" and only bring to mind the big, fancy, action-packed stories, but the fact of the matter is that not everything in there is like that. So many people seem to get this idea that a Christian life should be all big an excited like the "Bible Stories" and as soon as things get menial or difficult, they cut and run. The thing that we must be reminded of from these passages is that real life is real life regardless of how you're living it. Just because things aren't flashy and exciting at this moment doesn't mean that you're not in God's will. God is concerned with every aspect of our lives - even the simple day-to-day tasks. And as tempted as I could be to just skip the book of Numbers and jump right back into the action, not unlike I felt with Leviticus, I know that if I will stay faithful and just read it, God will show me things that I had never thought of before.

- Father, help me to keep my nose to the grindstone and remember that even when things aren't moving that fast around me, I am still in Your will. Help me to remain in Your will and not grow weary simply because I don't "feel" like anything is happening right now. Thank You for calling me to great things and help me to keep my eyes on that and not on the situations around me. -

No comments: