Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 35: Lev 7:13 - 9:23

How many times has God told us to do something and as soon as we walk away, we feel so excited and ready to go, but only hours later it seems like we've forgotten what we were supposed to do? The picture I get from that thought is the teenager who goes to youth camp. When he first gets home from youth camp, he wants to go out and change the world and start ministering to people right then, but as the days and weeks go on, he ends up fading out and falling back into the normal old lifestyle. I can only imagine how it would have been if Moses had walked off of the mountain and then decided that all of that stuff God told him to do was just a little too extreme. It's so awesome to see that not only did Moses and Aaron come down and do what God said, but the Bible shows us that they did exactly what he asked them to - right down to the letter.

- Lord, it's easy, at times, to come down off of the mountain and forget what we were told. Please help me to write the words that You speak to me on the pages of my heart so that I won't simply forget them as soon as I'm not in Your presence. Thank You for continuing to speak to me and give me the strength to not only follow the "general ideas" of what You're saying, but to do exactly what You've spoken to me. - 

No comments: