Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 29: Ex 29:46 - 32:34

The first 11 verses of chapter 31 are verses that I don't actually remember ever reading. I'll admit that it can be difficult paying alot of attention to these passages since they can be somewhat dry, but I noticed something really great in these verses. God picked out 2 men, who probably had absolutely no prior idea to construct every single part of the Tabernacle and all of the pieces even down to the tiniest detail. For all we know, their entire lives came down to one purpose, and God consecrated them specifically for that purpose. This passage is an excellent example of the fact that it's not up to us to make things happen. As far as we can see, these two men didn't do anything to force God's purpose to come to fulfillment in their lives. They simply stayed faithful where they were supposed to be and God came to them and picked them out. Just think if they had decided to stay back and live in Egypt, or what if they had tried to face Pharaoh's army in the Red Sea? Sure God would have probably just found two other people to make His Tabernacle and these two men would've never been remembered. But that's just it - these two men are only mentioned regarding this specific story and their names are in the Bible for all eternity simply because they were where they were supposed to be and God came to them and picked them out!

- Lord, I don't want to be remembered for being someone who made his own life and did everything himself. I want to be remembered as a man who was faithful to You and who was used by You for the exact reason you created me. Help me to stay in the right place at the right time and not get impatient and try to make it happen myself. I know that there is absolutely nothing I can do that would ever be as great as what You've called me to do, so I will stand firm and listen when You speak. -

No comments: