Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 25: Ex 19:25 - 20:12

I'm concerned that things might start getting a little more difficult for the next few days while I'm reading through some pretty legalistic "Old Testament" type passages, but I do feel like God was showing me something about this one. If we really want to hear God for ourselves, we've got to be bold enough to go where nobody else is willing to go. It's great to be told by someone else what they  heard from God, but it's a whole different thing to hear God yourself. The children of Israel were so afraid of all that was going on up on the mountain that they ended up having to survive on something that God told Moses. Imagine how it would have been if each person had gone up to the mountain to get a personal word from God. There's no telling what that nation could've done! God wants us to be brave and approach His throne with boldness. It may be a little intimidating at first, but a true word from God will always be worth it!

- Father, help me not to be scared to come up to the mountain and 
hear your voice. I want to be in the group that heard Your voice 
directly and not just someone who heard it from someone else. I know that if I will approach Your throne with boldness, You will honor 
my faith and I will be able to hear Your voice! -

No comments: