Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 26: Ex 22:13 - 25:15

It's difficult sometimes to read these passages and not get legalistic, but I really think that these verses are important because these rules and standards help to set God's people apart from the rest. It's no mystery that God wants us to be a people who don't live by the world's standards, but I think sometimes we forget that. We are not, by any means, expected to live flawless lives free from any sort of mistakes, but we do need to be mindful of what we do and how we behave in this world. God wants us to be an example of Himself and we can't do that acting just like everybody else.

- Lord help me to live a disciplined life, mindful of You. Help me not to just follow the crowd and do what everyone else is doing, but help me to stay focused on You and Your Word. I want to be a light to all those in darkness so that they can see me and see the anointing that You've placed on my life. Help me to always follow you and be the kind of light that this dark world needs. -

No comments: