Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 32: Ex 38:1 - 40:15

You know, it's really easy to read all about the Tabernacle and only focus  on what it was and how it was made and the earthly value that it held, but it's important to understand even more the inner value of the Tabernacle and why it was there. In the same way, I think alot of times we tend to focus on the outside of the spiritual things that God has for us. For example, it's easy to get caught up in church and how to make it bigger and how to bring more people and how to make it a cooler place for people to come, but we need to remember the initial purpose. God didn't command Moses to build the Tabernacle so that he could show it off to all of the other nations. He didn't tell him to build it because He thought the Israelites needed something to occupy their time. He told Moses to build Him a Tabernacle so He could come down and have communion with His people. That's what the focus of each and every aspect of our lives needs to be - not how cool or how successful can I be on the outside. As long as we will rearrange our focus inwardly towards what God's purpose is for our lives, there's no telling out far we will go. 

- Lord, help me to not allow my focus to be directed solely towards the outward appearance of things. Help me to always keep my focus on my heart and on what you have called me to do. I know that without You, any success that I could achieve here on earth would be worthless. Thank You for the call that You've placed on my life and help me to never ignore it. -

No comments: