Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 37: Lev 13:1 - 14:35

This may possibly be the strangest passage that I've read so far. The entire passage dealt with skin diseases and mold and how the children of Israel are supposed to deal with them. As far as I can gather, perhaps we are to view the skin disease and fungus as a type of sin. Whenever we get sin on ourselves, we need to make sure that we take appropriate measures to get rid of it. I think alot of people are used to getting themselves "contaminated" with the sins of this world, but they just sit and say, "Oh it's ok, I live under grace now. It's ok for me to be around this stuff because, after all, I'm a Christian and none of this is actually going to stick to me." We have been given freedom from death and hell, but that doesn't mean that we're totally immune from sin. When we find ourselves in bad situations where our hearts could potentially be contaminated, we need to take the proper steps necessary to ensure that our lives are clean and spotless. Otherwise, the disease could continue to grow and destroy our lives from the inside out.

- Father, help me to stay away from the infections that sin brings about. Help me to stay out of those situations where I could potentially be contaminated by sin and help me to keep my spirit and soul clean. And if I do end up in a situation where I could be influenced by sin, give me the knowledge and strength to look to You to forgive my sin and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. - 

No comments: