Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 28: Ex 28:1 - 29:45

These passages of Scripture explaining the sanctification of the priests is a good picture of what we need to do with ourselves. Fortunately, though, these are all things that we should do on the inside to make ourselves holy. God wants us to be a sanctified group of people set apart from the rest of the world. God would have never accepted the sacrifices from someone who was already set apart and made holy. Back then, you had to go through alot of outward ritual to become "qualified" to commune with God, but now we live under God's grace and what used to only be determined outwardly can be  taken care of on the inside. God doesn't want us to make weird robes and turbans and breastplates before we can serve Him, He just wants us to clean up on the inside and work just as hard preparing our hearts as Aaron did preparing his outward appearance.

-God, help me to remain consecrated for You purpose. Help me to remember that You look at the heart and that's the part that I need to be the most concerned about. I choose not to look the same on the inside as everyone else. I choose to clean up my heart and make sure that it's a worthy place for You to dwell. And help me to love and serve You with the same kind of passion and devotion that the Priests did in Exodus. - 

No comments: