Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 21: Ex 7:25 - 9:35

I've always thought it was interesting how God brought on all of these different plagues rather than just sending one devastating event to force Pharaoh to get rid of the children of Israel. The obvious reason for God doing this is so he could build faith both in the Israelites' and in the Egyptians' eyes. So many times we end up thinking to ourselves, "If God would just fix it like this, then everything would be fine," but we often-times forget that God isn't our Heavenly butler, He's our Heavenly Father and a good father always makes sure His Children are learning something. Instead of just griping because God isn't working fast enough, we need to take a step back and find out what He wants us to learn.

- Lord, help me to understand that You always have a plan and even though things may not be working out exactly how I wanted them to, You're the One in control. Give me the wisdom and the understanding to learn what I need to learn so that not only will my needs be met, but my faith will be strengthened at the same time. - 

No comments: