Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 36: Lev 9:24 - 12:8

It's so amazing to see the detail that went into the book of Leviticus. I mean, it's one thing to say, "God wants us to build Him an altar to kill animals on and we're only allowed to eat certain types of food." It's a completely different story to spend hours and hours of tiny minute details about ever aspect of life. This book really does well to teach us how deeply interested God is in our daily lives. Rarely is it the huge, once-in-a-lifetime occurrences that cause us to stumble, but normally it's our day to day habits that can slowly corrupt and lead us astray. God knows this and therefore in this book of the Bible, He shows how deeply involved He is in every are of their lives. He didn't just want them to be a big group of people who had the honor of calling Him their God. He wanted them to be a people totally set apart and consecrated to Him so that anyone looking in would know right away that these people were different.

- Lord, help me to keep myself totally consecrated to do Your work. Help me to not look and act and feel exactly like the rest of the world. You have already set me apart, now help me to remain in the place You have put me in order to do Your will. - 

No comments: