Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 22: Ex 10:1 - 12:51

The end of this part of the story has always been on of the scariest Bible stories I remember learning about as a kid. It can be a little difficult to swallow thinking about an angry God allowing every firstborn child to be killed, but I would like to focus on how blessed the children of Israel was throughout all of this. Today we live in a society where all sorts of things are going wrong and good Christian people are being persecuted for their faith, but I think we can look to this story, more than any other in the Bible, and know that there is always deliverance for those who love God. It's so amazing to see how God spared the children of Israel from being affected by a single one of those plagues while the Egyptians, living in their sin, had to suffer all of them. And then, not only were the children of Israel protected from all of the plagues and released to leave the country, but God saw to it that the Egyptian people blessed them with all sorts of gifts simply because of the favor God had given them in the eyes of the Egyptian people. 

- Father, help me not to be afraid of the bad things happening around me. I am Your child and I know that You will protect me no matter what is going on. Help me to be a light to those who are in darkness so that whenever they see me living a blessed life in the midst of their  terrible life, they will come and find out what the difference is. Thank you for Your mercy and You infinite power and help me to always remember that You can deliver me now matter how bad the situation. - 

No comments: