Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 31: Ex 35:21 - 37:29

In these Scriptures we see something beautiful - The children of Israel coming together and  not only offering their possessions, but offering themselves in service for the Tabernacle. That's something we rarely see in a single church, much less in the entire body of Christ. Now, there are alot of things that the Israelites did that we should never ever repeat, but this is one example that we need to pay attention to. It's just so incredible to see how willing they all were to come together and bring all of their most valuable possessions to be melted down and used for God. It's sad to see how some people today will only give to the church if they have a little extra, or they'll be happy to donate that old hand-me-down tv for the children's ministry, but they're not even willing to give God a 10th of what they've earned. The point I'm trying to make is this: if we truly want to see a move of God in our lives, family, work, school, city, or country; we need to be willing to give whatever it takes and more. How many churches have you heard of that had to ask people to stop giving? I've never heard of that in my life, but I pray that one day, thanks to my giving and the gifts of others, I will be a part of a ministry that is so incredibly blessed that they have to ask people to stop giving because there's no more room!

- Lord, help me to have the kind of heart that wants to give and give until there's nothing more. Give me the kind of love that You have that isn't focussed on me and what I can get, but a love that's focussed on others and how I can bless them. If there's anything else in my life that I need to offer You, please show it to me so that I can stand firm knowing that I have been obedient and instrumental in building and supporting Your kingdom. -

No comments: