Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 39: Lev 17:1 - 19:37

Amidst a large group of rules, there's one truth that will always be true and applicable regardless of where we are in this world - God has always been and will always be our true God and we should never exalt anything over Him. Although this can seem to be somewhat of an elementary subject, it's such a huge truth and applies to our lives more than anything else. All day every day we are faced with decisions and opportunities to put other things above God. We're told that this new pizza will change your world and that new phone will be the most important thing in your life and that this certain presidential candidate needs all of your support and attention, but the truth is that none of those things even deserve to be in the same thought as our Heavenly Father. Aside from all of those blatant examples, sometimes it's a little more subtle. Things like bring more concerned about doing my own thing than I am about getting in the Word, or sleeping in rather than going to church can also indicate that God isn't at the top of our list. The point is, God must always be our God and He must always be #1 in our lives no matter what, period, that's it.

- Father, help me to keep you number one in my life regardless of the the temptations around me. Help me to look towards you and understand that if I will keep my Focus on You, You will see to it that all of my other needs are met. -

No comments: