Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 256: Ez 18:1 - 20:48

One thing that we must always be aware of is the fact that God will make Himself known one way or another. God Himself said that every eye will see and every tongue will confess that He is the Lord. Now, as wonderful as it is to read this verse or study the verses in chapter 20, this doesn't mean that in the end everyone will be able to go to Heaven. Sure there will be many of us who will have gone to Heaven praising the Lord saying that He is Lord because He has revealed it to us through His Grace and Mercy; but there will also be those who will confess that He is all powerful not because of His Grace and Mercy but because of the judgment and suffering that they have received as a result of not believing His Word. In this light, I think it's so imperative that we understand that it is our job to make sure that everyone we come in contact with will be in that first group. God will ultimately make His power known to everyone and everything in existence and it is our job to reflect that power here on earth so that everyone around us experiences that side of His power and not the other.

- Lord, I know that I will be in that first group of people who will bow down and worship You because I have experienced You mercy and grace. Help me to do everything I can to ensure that everyone I come into contact with will be standing right there beside me. -

No comments: