Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 238: Jer 50:1 - 51:44

If you've never really been sure about the fact that vengeance is the Lord's, I think reading this passage may change your mind. It's funny because most of us usually seem to think that God is going to exact vengeance upon our enemies by using us personally, but when you think about it, God rarely ever works like that. To be honest, I have somewhat of a difficult time wrapping my head around the concept of God punishing Babylon for punishing Israel when He was the One who allowed them to come in and take over. But I guess if you really think about it, it wasn't God who sent Babylon in to destroy Israel, It was Israel who chose to turn their backs on God and refuse His help. Once they did that, God was in no position to protect a people who didn't want protection. But we see as soon as they turn from their wickedness and go back to their Father in Heaven, he went to work taking care of those who treated His children wrong. God is a wonderful Father and if we will let Him, He will see to it that vengeance is taken out on those who deserve it.

- Lord, help me to not try to take vengeance into my own hands. It's easy to assume that it's my job to show my enemies right and wrong, but I know that if I will keep my faith in You, You will take care of me and You will also take care of those who oppose me. -

No comments: