Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 235: Jer 38:28 - 43:4

I know there's alot going on in these verses, but I want to focus on Jeremiah and his ministry in this passage. I would venture to say that the average Christian would probably just give up and find something else to do once his nation was destroyed and picked apart by its enemies. But we see here that Jeremiah never once stopped doing what God called him to do. Even in the midst of all of the turmoil and upheaval of his homeland being destroyed, he remained faithful to do all that God was calling him to do. And it's so awesome to see the outcome of his faithfulness. When you think of the Babylonians attacking the nation of Israel and taking everyone captive, you normally would expect to read about the concepts of mercy and kindness and yet we see just that being shown to Jeremiah not because he was a fast talker or managed to trick the enemy. God allowed Jeremiah to blessed in the midst of curses simply because he remained faithful to everything the God told him to do.

- Lord, help me to not lose faith even when everything around me is falling apart. I know that the call that You've placed on my life is dependent upon how everything around me is going. As long as there is breath in my lungs, I will serve You! -

No comments: