Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 231: Jer 26:1 - 29:31

Once again, we see alot of warning regarding false prophets and teachers. Previously, there was more of a warning against what would happen to the people who listened to the false prophets, but in this passage, we see a warning issued to the false prophet himself. So often in this world, we see people who think that they have something good to say and they just automatically assume that what they have to say is from God. This is such a dangerous attitude to have because just like anyone else, God doesn't like it when people try to speak on His behalf. As believers we must always be careful not to market our thoughts and opinions as God's Word. It may make people feel good, but that doesn't always mean that it's from God. and just as we saw with the prophet in these verses, when we attempt to make a liar out of God, whether or not it was intentional, things normally won't turn out well for us.

- Lord, help me to always be sure that it really is You talking before I start telling people that I have a Word from You. I know my opinions can sometimes cloud my thoughts, but help me to always have a clear heart so that I may be able to clearly and concisely communicate Your words to Your people. -

No comments: