Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 241: Lam 4:1 - Ez 2:10

You know, I normally try to post an entry that offers somewhat of a summary of everything I read in that one passage, but this one made one specific point that I really want to focus on. In verse 7 of Ezekiel 2, God tells the prophet that his job is to simply speak to the people of Israel. Whether or not they listen to what he has to say is none of his concern. God's commission on his life was not to push the subject or try to "defend" the Word that God said. Ezekiel's job was to simply say what God told him to say and let God do the rest. There are alot people out there wasting alot of time trying to convince people who care nothing about being convinced. Charles Spurgeon refers to the Word of God as a lion. He explains that, just like a lion, God's Word doesn't need us to stand around and defend it. All God requires of us is that we would let His Word out of its cage. If we will be faithful to let the Word, God will take care of the rest.

- Lord, help me to not believe the lies of the enemy and crack under the supposed pressure that somehow it's my job to defend Your Word. My job is simply to present Your Word to my generation and watch as You work mightily through those words. -

No comments: