Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 234: Jer 35:9 - 38:27

You know, reading passages like this one really makes me feel for Jeremiah. I mean, serving God can prove to be difficult enough, but reading about the trials and pains that He went through just to be obedient is incredible. So many times, we find ourselves being willing to serve the Lord as long as it fits into our agenda and as long as what we have to say makes people happy. I would venture to say that probably 75% of the things Jeremiah had to say didn't make anyone happy, and yet he will still faithful to do what God told him to do. The church today needs to stop worrying about what people will say about and do to them and it needs to start focusing on the fact that God has given us a job to do and we are responsible to carry out that job no matter what. God's Word is not always the most popular or the most comfortable thing for people to hear, but if we will open our hearts and accept what He has to say to our generation, only then will we truly be set free.

- Lord, help me to be more like Jeremiah. Help me to go out and say whatever You want me to say regardless of how nice or popular it might be. I know that Your Word is sharper than any 2-edged sword and it will cut through any opposition that might be standing in Your way. -

No comments: