Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 242: Ez 3:1 - 7:26

It's sad that there are alot of Christians out there who seem to find very convenient ways of avoiding the blame for not speaking God's Word to those around them. They say things like, "Well I don't want to offend them," or, "I'm just trying to be an example and maybe eventually they will approach me and ask me about God." As nice as it would be to be allowed to go throughout this entire life without making anybody uncomfortable, our mission in this life is not to make sure that everyone likes us and that nobody is uncomfortable around us. Our mission in this life is to go into the world and preach the Gospel to every living creature. The first part of chapter 3 has a relatively heavy message attached to it - If we are supposed to give someone a warning from God, but instead we just stand by and watch them die, their blood is on our hands. When it comes to preaching the Gospel, omission is not an excuse and what they don't know them won't hurt them, it'll kill them.

- God, help me to remember that my job is to step out and show true love to those around me which usually means making them feel uncomfortable enough to realize they need You in their lives. Give me the strength and the passion to step out and say every word that You have put in my mouth. -

No comments: